Monday, November 23, 2009

mae mae's pumpkin cookies

Just got done baking about 4 zillion of

Mae Mae's {soon to be} World Famous Pumpkin Cookies!

I think I ate too much of the cookie dough though
because my tummy hurts.
I haven't tried the finished product, but they look delish.

By the way...
Yes, I am a dietitian.
Yes, I used three sticks of butter.

These are not necessarily "good for you,"
but it's thanksgiving and I'm thankful that I can
appreciate and respect the concept of moderation.
{For example, because I ate ~3-5 tablespoons of raw cookie dough,
I will not have a cookie tonight.}

Good news though - pumpkins are high in fiber, iron, zinc and Vitamin A.

Recipe:

4 c flour, 2 c oats {or a little more...}, 2 t cinnamon, 2 t baking soda
1 t salt, 1 c white choc chips, 3 sticks of butter, 2 c brown sugar, 1 egg
2 T vanilla, 1 regular size can of pumpkin

1. Mix first 6 ingredients in a bowl, set aside
2. Melt butter and mix with brown sugar and remaining ingredients
3. Mix all together
4. Spoon out cookies onto baking sheet
{They don't spread much when they bake, so use a large scoop and mash them down a tiny bit}.
5. Bake 18-22 minutes @ 350 degrees
6. Cool
7. Top with Cream Cheese icing
{I found it easiest to melt the icing in the microwave for about 15 seconds, pour the icing into a baggie, then cut the corner of the baggie 
- similar to a the icing packet on a toaster strudel - 
and drizzle over cookies.}



{Mae Mae's Pumpkin Cookies}


I do have to give a big
THANK YOU
to Meghan {aka Mae Mae}
for sharing her wonderful recipe with me.


{Meghan, You are such a great friend. 
I miss you and hopefully I'll get to come 
visit you in Oklahoma soon!}



1 comment:

Meghan Poydock said...

Awww....miss you too! Glad you like the cookies. And yes, I love your logic about eating them. I've got a twim bed with you and Nick's name on it :) You'll love the closeness.