Monday, December 21, 2009

merry early christmas to me!

What a relaxing day off! Today I treated myself to a lovely manicure/pedicure. It was FABULOUS. Because we've been in a recession, I haven't gotten my nails done in about 9 months. 
That {and going to Starbucks} were two of the things that I really cut back on. 


{Except, I lied about the Starbucks. I didn't really cut back... I'm just drinking more coffee at home in addition to the Starbucks!}


But, wow, did I splurge today!!?!? Yes, sir. 75 bucks worth of pampering. And while I don't think that's too too much, Nicholas about gave birth to a baby cow when I told him. haha. 



I went with solar nails... which I haven't done in a long time. Except, I didn't get the tips put on, so my nails are the same length as usual {short} but are just... reinforced and uniform and realllllyyyy shiny! On my toes... I went with black. Well, it's actually a deep blue-grey by OPI {Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees}, but it basically looks black. Not really the most festive color for this holiday season, but I just love it. 


Very chic. 


Also did some online shopping. But not the fun kind, the downright annoying kind..... Shopping for car insurance quotes. UGH, it pains me to spend so much money on car insurance!!! NOT one of the things I like most about being an adult. But, I'll survive.


Now I'm just packing up my suitcase.
Thank goodness bags still fly free on Southwest!
El valle.... here I come.

No comments: