Sunday, January 31, 2010

the {not so good} burger was SEVENTEEN dollars

after a lazy Sunday morning with nicholas
{including coffee, blueberry muffins and watching our DVDs of the Office}
we decided not to go to the Fort Worth Bridal Show.

it just seemed like i would be bombarded with cheesy wedding stuff 
and I really didn't feel like going.
{nick agreed.}

after a quick run to target 
{my blow dryer died today}
we stopped at Tillman's Roadhouse, a new restaurant in town, to grab a bite to eat.
Lauren lives basically above this restaurant and loved it, so we thought we'd give it a try.

{the chandeliers were awesome!}

I had been craving a cheeseburger and fries... so we ordered the closest thing to burger. 
{oh, don't let the "roadhouse" in the name throw you off! this place was very pricey.}

we ordered a couple beers and...

the $17 "landy" burger

sirloin-foie gras burger with Madeira aioli, Tassioni Farms pea tendrils, goat milk gouda cheese on a house baked kaiser bun. Goat cheese tater tots.

don't get me wrong... it wasn't bad, BUT it was not worth $17. 
i'd much rather had Kincaid's, Charleston's or even a Whataburger burger with some regular french fries and Whataburger ketchup {the best}!

maybe i'll give them a second chance for 
happy hour on the patio 
when the weather warms up again.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm sad y'all didn't have a good experience there. I LOVED it both times!! Did y'all get the s'mores?

L A C E Y said...

no, we were so full after our burger. it wasn't bad, i just thought it was overpriced.

callie said...

I have to agree. I went once and loved it- ordered tenderloin, fish special, s'mores and fried pickles. Second time, I split the burger and was totally unimpressed. It reminded me of meatloaf! Regardless, I think you should give it another try. We should all go one Sunday!