Friday, May 21, 2010

i have some AMAZING news.


i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed! i passed!

I PASSED MY EXAM!

I read that letter about 5 times just to be sure!!

I spent most of the month of april studying for this exam...  and I guess all that studying {and complaining about studying} paid off! I'm so proud of myself.

In case you are wondering, Nutrition Support is a very unglamorous aspect of nutrition, but is life-saving. Basically if a person can't eat or drink regular foods/beverages because of a surgery, disease, cancer, stroke, etc, they require Nutrition Support to get their calories, protein, vitamins, minerals and all that. These patients can be fed with a formula via a tube that goes straight into their stomach or intestines or they could also be fed via an IV straight into their veins. Sometimes they'll just need it short term and sometimes these people rely on Nutrition Support for the rest of their lives. So as a Nutrition Support Certified dietitian, I assess patients' needs, prescribe adequate nutrition and manage their symptoms with the rest of the nutrition support team (doctor, nurse, pharmacist, etc.)

Probably more than you wanted to know, but I'm just so excited!

11 comments:

Caroline said...

CONGRATS!!! WAY TO GO!! xo

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lacey! I never doubted that you would pass!!

Allen

Weekend Cowgirl said...

Yay Lacey! Proud of you.... now you can have all the fun!

Claire said...

well done you! Letters after your name! Yey!! :)

French lover said...

FELICITATIONS LACEY !!! I'm so happy for you :) Your hard work paid off !

April said...

Yay for you!! My best friend was on TPN for about 2 years, and a ton of our babies at work are on it ... I'm guessing that's part of your nutrition support stuff. If so, hats off to you - I can't imagine having to calculate all that stuff. Happy for you!!

Aron said...

That's fantastic! Congrats!

Emily said...

Congrats! That's so awesome!

Maria said...

Hey Lacey, congrats, i know how stressful boards can be..studied for months for the nursing boards!!! you and your blog are beautiful!!!

The Baethges said...

Congrats lacey! I work with the dietitians at the hospital everyday since I am always upgrading and downgrading patient's diets!! thats so exciting for you!!

Nicole Marie said...

yay!! congrats!!!