Sunday, June 20, 2010

happy father's day to the best dad in the world.

I was a bad daughter this year... I didn't send my dad a card for Father's Day. 
I didn't forget, but I was either on the way to work or brushing my teeth before bed when I thought of it.

I do, though, have the most amazing, intelligent, patient, wonderful father. 


Dad, thank you... for everything! Thanks for teaching me how to fish. Thanks for teaching me to be honest and accepting. Thanks for killing bugs, so I didn't have to. Thanks for so many fun childhood memories. Thanks for always checking for bad guys outside of my window before bed. And most importantly, thanks for always loving me.

 You've taught me to value good character and morals, rather than things. You've always given me the best advice and have never steered me wrong. And, you've taught me that it's what on the inside that really counts.

I am so lucky to be your daughter. 
Happy Father's Day!
Love you,
Lacey

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Such a great 80's family photo!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lacey. Better than a Hallmark Card!

Love Dad