Friday, June 11, 2010

instead of waking up at 6:30am to the sound of my...


i jumped out of bed and ran down 3 flights of stairs at 4:30 in the morning because the fire alarms were going off in my apartment building. uggghh.... they were so loud. everyone evacuated the building and we were all waiting and waiting downstairs. the firemen came, and it was a false alarm.

at 4:50 i crawled back into bed... at 5:00 the alarms went off again!!!! ugh. seriously? i figured it was another false alarm, but the alarms were so loud, i couldn't stay in my apartment. back downstairs, back outside.

finally, made it to bed around 5:20... and slept in until 7.

looks like this morning i'll be having extra....



funny the things you want to take with you in the event of a fire:
my laptop.
my purse.
my wedding dress. {yes, it's in!!}

hope everyone had a better start to their day than i did! :)

4 comments:

Bree said...

Ohh boo! At least the weekend is here now! I always think of what I would try and grab in a frenzy; my dog, my purse, and I would hope my laptop, but I would probably be too scatterbrained at that point ha

Yelena said...

awee.. doesn't sound good at all. those silly false fire alarms! hope the coffee helped make up the loss of sleep so you could get through the day.
I notice you got an award in your last post.
I also left you an award on my blog, if you'd like to participate :)
xo.

Maria said...

can't wait to see your wedding dress!

Emma Jade said...

ugh fire alarms are the worst!
I'd definitely be grabbing my laptop! But purse is a good one too, its a nightmare to replace cards and driving license.
hoping to get a sneak peak at your dress!