Tuesday, June 8, 2010

integrity.


today when i got home from work, there was a package waiting for me by my front door!

i ripped it open and found about $200 worth of clothes from victoria's secret. 

a bathing suit, 2 cover-ups, a top and 2 dresses. all in my sizes, too!!

wow, how would i be so lucky? 

who sent this to me?

I checked the label.

oh.

it was for the girl a few doors down.

dang it.

i could've kept it all. victoria's secret would have resent it to her when her package never arrived. but i like to believe that i'm a good person. and that people are generally good in this world. i packaged it back up and dropped it off at her door.

integrity: doing the right thing, even if no one is watching.


{image via weheartit}

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh how tempting but you are right integrity is much more than a couple bathing suits. Much love! xo

Cole said...

Learning a lot about integrity right now. You are awesome for doing the right thing.

Emma Jade said...

oh damn!
Wouldnt it be nice if a mystery person had sent it to you!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Things like that sure are tempting. haha. I'm glad you did the right thing. I love that image you found. weheartit has the best ones.

Morgan said...

Love this! Good for you for doing the right thing. Too many people wouldn't have.

Bree said...

Oh man, what a let down haha but ya you would hope people would do the same if they got a package of yours. (and I left you something on my blog :))

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

I actually had a neighbor steal something of mine that I ordered once - the only reason I found out is because another neighbor saw it happen and told me. So thank you for doing the right thing. People like you are awesome.

Courtney said...

Hahaha oh man that's too funny. You are a good person, I would of seriously considered keeping it, well at least for a bit. But good for you for doing the right thing. Integrity is such an important characteristic. Great blog - love it !

Maria said...

perfect definition of integrity.... and you've got it for doing the right thing!