Tuesday, July 20, 2010

back to work today.

it's tuesday, and i've been off work since thursday. i've really enjoyed my time off. i got soooo much done.

one of the not-so-fun things that i had to work on though during my time off was my resume! eeekk.

luckily for me, when i interviewed for my first job out of college, it was where i had done my internship and had a summer job, so i had a bit of an in. after a 10 minute interview, i was out of there and was offered the job the next week. 

fast forward to now. i'm moving across the country, won't know a soul in our new area (not even sure exactly where we'll be living yet - but that's another story), and will probably have to experience some real, tough interviews. not really looking forward to interviews. 

regardless, i can't retire yet! :) so i better put my best foot forward and get to applying. it's kind of scary and kind of exhilarating... so we'll see where i end up.

keep your fingers crossed that i'll have a smooth interview process and land a great job.
and maybe a refreshing desk like this...


{images via weheartit}

have a great day!

10 comments:

Bree said...

I dread interviews; I've always had an 'in' too for the few jobs I've had. It's an intimidating process, but necessary nonetheless. You'll do great :)

Lacey in the City said...

I'm not a fan of interviews either, but I do love a good organized desk with lots of pens and highlighters! ha! Good luck, Lacey!

Ashley :) said...

If the whole nutrition thing doesn't work out, you definitely have the potential to work for a magazine, be a wedding planner or be a decorator! I want my desk area to look like this picture!

lydia. said...

Pretty deskspaces!
I'm jealous.
Good luck with your interviews, girl.
You'll totally land the perfect job.
:)

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Good luck with all the upcoming interviews!!

j e n. said...

you're so good at what you do; i know you'll land a great job! and who knows maybe this is a chance to try something new :)

Erica said...

That's such a great poster!
www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

Kinsey Michaels said...

I can't believe I missed your original post announcing the move! Congratulations Lacey! What part of California, if you don't mind me asking? (I used to live in San Diego) so if you're moving there, I can definitely give you some tips :) I am so in love with the west coast, I hope you like it too. Good luck on your job hunt, I'm sure something will come along!

Emma Jade said...

you'll do great! I'm looking for a new job at the moment too! Its so scary! :/
xxx

ms. meg r said...

LOVE that print! Do you know where I can get it?

meg
http://sheismsmr.blogspot.com