Monday, August 23, 2010

my lovelywonderfulamazingsuperdupersweet wedding shower.

some of my sweetest friends hosted a shower for me on sunday, and it was so lovely. first of all, the food was amazing. i am so lucky to have a friend who is also a chef! and she prepared all the food for the day. she is so creative. (you can read chef callie's blog here) our menu included...



best of all, we had lots of leftovers, and i've been enjoying them since!

we also had cake! (i love the butterflies!!)



checking out the centerpiece
(such a cute idea... flowers in a pitcher instead of a vase, 
with wooden utensils stuck in between the flowers)


and of course, presents!! 
i made out like a bandit. seriously. 
whoever created the shower idea was a genius.
but, i have to admit, it is a little weird having all the attention 
on yourself and only you are getting the presents!

before and after opening presents, we played games: bridal loaded questions {i LOVE this game by the way} and Nick-busters. allison, one of the hostesses, emailed nick and had him answer all kinds of questions about himself. then at the shower, i had to guess his answers. (i did really well, too!)
{with my hostesses callie, meghan, lauren and allison}

a wonderful day that i will never forget!

13 comments:

Caroline said...

Ahh what a sweet shower!! Love the last photo it is incredibly sweet!! I still remember mine two years ago ... my mom went all out. What a fun and exciting time for you!! xo

April said...

Aww, how sweet :) I loved my showers ... it doesn't seem like over 3 years ago that I was doing all that wedding planning stuff myself.

Hope you're enjoying the last little bit of your engagement!

Sweet Simplicity said...

The food looks amazing! I have seen flowers in pitchers before, but I would have never thought to put in wooden utensils. It is such a cute touch.

Morgan said...

The food looks amazing!

LJ said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It was fun to plan and and even more fun to enjoy with you! I am glad you liked the games, food and of course, the presents! Thanks for my umbrella!

Weekend Cowgirl said...

Looks amazing and fun! So beautiful. Hope you got lots of nice presents!! The food is just plain pretty!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh this food looks amazing. Who are your friends because I'm going to steal them all and make them throw me parties.

http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

French lover said...

Aww it sounds like you had an amazing showers ! I wish wedding showers existed in France... ;-)

Jaclyn said...

wow, well done to all your girlfriends, looks like an amazing day!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...how sweet is that!!! I love the food and those cupcakes are adorable:)
Kisses and have a wonderful day:)

ps: I am hosting a great GIVEAWAY, so please join in:)

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Those cupcakes look adorable!

shopgirl said...

The food looks delicious! And you're very blessed to have such a lovely bunch of friends!

Sweet!

Rambles with Reese

JMay said...

How perfect, awesome friends u have :-)

Everything was so lovely & you look B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!