Wednesday, September 15, 2010

rehearsal day.

the friday before our wedding, we had our rehearsal at the chapel and then a fun, festive dinner at Joe T's (one of my favorite mexican restaurants in fort worth). the rehearsal went smoothly, thanks to my wedding planner taking charge! i carried a bouquet of all the ribbons from gifts that i've received.
i didn't know this until about a year ago during meghan's wedding festivities, but there's a tale/tradition that for every ribbon you break, you'll have a child. according to that, i think i'm having about 3! :)

after we practiced our line-up and where everyone stood, etc. we headed out to celebrate! (remember the super cute invitations i found for this party?)

we started the evening off with several pitchers of margaritas (and they are NOT weak here!). nick's mom and dad both gave wonderful, moving toasts. i wish they would have been videotaped because they were sooo good! after the toasts, we were serenaded by mariachis and devoured chips, salsa, guacamole, fajitas, beans, rice... oh wow, i'm getting hungry getting thinking about it!

{my younger brother - austin, nick, me, my older brother - allen}


{my bridesmaid allison made us these cute bride and groom sombreros!}



{me and my lovely bridesmaids - lauren, justine, allison, meghan}

{the best MOH ever - justine, her boytoy - dave, and nick's mom - debbie}




we ended there around 7-7:30 and everyone headed to downtown fort worth for even more partying! 8.0s is a lovely outdoor patio/bar with live music and it was the perfect venue for our after party. it was really great for our families to spend time together before the wedding. everyone got along really well, too. (but, i wasn't worried.)




nicholas and i were actually out-partied by our parents! haha, we left the bar around midnight and our parents were still going strong! 

that was such a fun night.

9 comments:

Morgan said...

Loved your outfit! Looks like a better rehearsal. :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

It sounds like you all had so much fun! I love your outfit! The sombreros were a great idea.

Ash-Love said...

Sounds fun!! You look gorgeous in all the pictures!!! I cannot wait to start planning all my wedding things!!!

Nell said...

Those sombreos are genius and you guys look so in love and happy. I am super excited about seeing your wedding photos.
ps. I am crazy jealous about how shiny your hair is!!! xx

Emma Jade said...

looks like so much fun! Those sombreros are cuuuute!

Kinsey Michaels said...

I love seeing how your rehearsal dinner shaped out Lacey, I do remember those super fun invites you got for it.
I really like how you guys went with a fun venue versus a stuffy, overpriced restaurant. I can tell you all had an amazing time, and too funny that your parents out partied you!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

It looks and sounds like it was a great night. I'm glad everyone had such a great time before your big day!

Justine said...

Thanks for the shout out Lace:) I was honored to take on the role of your MOH and I loved every minute of it!

P.S. Love how you refered to Dave as my "boytoy" :)hahaha

Love ya!

Amanda Fouts said...

Hi Lacey!!

Your blog is sooooo adorable!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

You look as beautiful as always, SO many congrats on the wedding!! :)

I'm excited to have found your blog!

P.S. LOVE the bangs. seriously, LOVE them on you!!