Monday, October 11, 2010

family and other weekend fun.

one of the major drawbacks of moving to california was that nick and i both were moving even farther away from our families. (his is in omaha, nebraska and mine is in south texas) but, luckily, we have some family nearby now, 1-2 hours away. on saturday, we met up with my aunt, my cousins joy and megan, joy's two girls and megan's husband for lunch in danville, about 1 hour from us. since i've always lived in texas, and they've always lived here, we haven't spent much time together. i am SUPER excited to be closer now and get to know them better!

here's the gang at lunch.


other weekend fun included...
going for walks. (aka powering walking and leaving nick in the dust!)


stopping to smell the roses.

and discovering "two buck chuck" (thanks, dad!) at trader joe's. yes, wine for $2 a bottle. not bad either. although, i may not be the best judge because, as i've mentioned before, my wine palette doesn't yet differentiate between a $2 bottle of wine and a $36 glass of wine. oh well. we enjoyed it!

we also finally finished unpacking just in time for me to have an old friend over for dinner! (no pictures, though... guess we were having too much fun!)

have a fantastic week!

14 comments:

Katya said...

Power walking in your "eat right" shirt, eh? Way to go, Lacey! Sounds like you are adjusting well :)

Claire said...

:) I don't get the wine thing, i mean after the first bottle they all taste the same ;)

Allison said...

Ooh, I live in California and I have to say that I LOVE it here. I'm glad you're enjoying it, too! Plus- isn't Trader Joe's amazing? And the flowers that are STILL blooming in the middle of October! :D

Crazy Shenanigans said...

It looks and sounds like it was a good weekend! That's great that you've got some family there.

Kinsey Michaels said...

I had no idea Trader Joes stocked $2 bottles of wine! Wow!!
Lacey, thank you SOOO much for your sweet comment on my last post. I would absolutely love to get together with you in person while I'm in CA, but my visit in the SF area is going to be rather short. I'll let you know if anything opens up! I might be going to a blogger happy hour on Tuesday the 19th at 111 Minna in the city which might be the best way for us to meet! I'll keep you posted!! <3

Caroline said...

Don't we have the best town to stop and smell the roses in!!! I always find myself snapping photo after photo. And yay to having family close to you guys. Can't wait for our get together on Friday!! I will send you an email with where etc ... still deciding between the two places I talked about! xo

Nicole Marie said...

oh so happy you've discovered trader joes. seriously the best place ever. I drank far too much two buck chuck in college so now i can't drink it but try sangiovese from trader joes. it's $2.99 and really good! although i'm no wine connoisseur!

Meg said...

Trader Joes is the BEST! Especially $2 bottles of wine! :) How exciting to be able to spend time with family you rarely get to see!

Jaclyn said...

i'm so jealous of your 2 buck chuck - i used to love that when I lived in the states. Hope you and caroline have a great time on your blog date!

Krystal said...

what a great blog! i'm new here :) and i can't believe you just discovered two buck chuck!! it's what we lived on in the US :)

Emma Jade said...

$2 a bottle!! I think I need to come over there!
Looks like a fun weekend!

Nell said...

Such cute family photos. I love a good family gathering!! xx

Amanda said...

mmm trader joes :)

Morgan said...

Looks so fun! And totally jealous of Trader Joes... we don't have one but I want one!
Question for you my dear... how do you get your pictures so big? I can't figure it out?!