Monday, October 4, 2010

our quick trip to the city.

nicholas and i made our first trip up to san francisco this past weekend since we moved here. we're about 50 minutes away from the city. 
now let's talk about that fog. holy cow. as soon as you get close to the city, you see a wall of fog and the temp drops 15 degrees! i knew the city was supposed to be foggy and cold, but it was SUCH a gorgeous day where we live, I underestimated the city. :)
we made our way to the hardly strictly bluegrass festival at the golden gate park. we weren't really planning on going there, but it was free so we decided to join about 750,000 other festival goers and enjoy some live music. there were a lot of very... um, unique people there. the people watching was for sure the best part. (there were some BAD bands...)
we drank some coffee and had some garlic fries. (really NOT a good combo for your breath.) and then, we headed back home.
we can't wait to spend some more time in the city.

12 comments:

Caroline said...

We should plan a trip together! Marc and I were in the city on Saturday celebrating my mom's birthday. The SF fog is amazing and makes for some great runs. What do you say about coffee on Friday morning??? 9'ish? I got your email and will text you ... didn't want you to think I forgot! LOVE these photos and so happy you are enjoying your new location! XO

Nicole Marie said...

i love san francisco garlic fries! nothing better! this city is amazing :)

Nell said...

That fog is insane! Amazing picture!! And my oh my those chips look awesome!! xx

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Wow! That fog is crazy thick! Those fries look sooooo good! Glad you had fun!

Christin said...

I LOVE San Francisco. You must go back! I can recommend some fabulous places! And yes... the first time I visited, my sis-in-law warned me about the fog and chill, but I totally ignored her and was miserably cold the whole time. I learned my lesson :)

Kinsey Michaels said...

I am coming to your new city in 2 weeks and am SO excited. I can't believe the fog - it is so thick! Glad you had fun, and I can totally imagine the people watching!!

Amanda said...

it never fails i either underestimate the san francisco weather or overestimate it lol! i've learned to wear layers when i go there so i can add and remove as necessary

Taylor Sterling said...

I was just introduced to your blog by Kinsey. I love it! You two are adorable. I feel I may have been here before. Kinsey mentioned you moved near me. I live about 50 min away too -in Los Gatos (near Caroline). If you want to grab coffee and meet I would love that! Keep up the great blog.

xo

Lauren said...

I cannot get over how cute you are. cannot!

Living like Laree said...

what a great looking couple! you remind me of Zoey Dechanel. This trip looks like it was so much fun :)

Camilla Leila said...

oh i'm so glad to have found your blog!

i used to live in los gatos - actually grew up there :)

this post makes me endlessly happy - the garlic fries, fog, music, colors, the city...oh i love it.

JMay said...

Oh yayyy! You two are so close :-) You will def. be coming up more I'm sure!