Tuesday, October 12, 2010

paula would be proud.

paula deen that is.

last night i made paula deen's recipe for bacon cheeseburger meatloaf that i found on foodnetwork.com. you know it's going to be piggie-food as soon as you read it's a recipe by paula deen, haha. then you read the title of the recipe and you have to just roll your eyes at the amount of calories.
(in my defense, i used very lean meat, only had a 4 ounce serving and had a large green salad on the side!!)

i followed the recipe pretty closely except i used prepared bread crumbs rather than toasting my own bread crumbs. it was DELISH. i actually made this before in college, but i think i messed something up (maybe I didn't cook the bacon enough the first time) because i didn't care for it. last night though, i gave myself a pat on the back after the first bite!

i think i'm going to make a meatloaf sandwich with it today for lunch, too! yummy.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paula's receipes are great!! I have several that are some of my favorites ! Enjoy---

DEBBIE said...

The comment regarding Paula's receipe was from Me !!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

As much as I can't stand Paula Dean, this looks really good! I might have to try it!

katycavell said...

love Paula's recipes. that looks delicious!

katycavell said...

love Paula's recipes. that looks delicious!

Liz said...

I love sinfully good food :) I made shrimp + grits for me and the huz last night and he was RAVING. I highly recommend it! I used this recipe, just left out the parsley and added a dash of chili powder and cayenne pepper to the shrimp.

http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2010/08/shrimp-and-grits/

Krystal said...

holey moley, i think mark would love that. well, and me too!

Renée said...

This really looks good!!! I am going to check that site!

morgan. said...

oh, i love paula.
i think i'll adopt her as my grandmother.

your blog is lovely by the way.

Bree said...

This would be something my boyfriend would die over; probably eat majority of it in one sitting too!

this free bird said...

This looks so amazing!! Paula Deen is synonymous with amazing food (and butter, too:))

xoxo,
Carrie

Morgan said...

WHAT THE! I need this in my life!

Caroline said...

UM heaven!!!!! YUMMY!