Wednesday, November 17, 2010

my mission (in the mission).




one of my missions since moving from texas to california is finding the best mexican food. (and pizza, and cheeseburgers, but that's another story!) after exploring the city on saturday, we met up with two of nick's friends from home (omaha, ne). they've lived in the city for two years (? i think). we watched the nebraska football game at a dive bar then made our way over to the mission. thank goodness - we found some AMAZING mexican food at puerto alegre. enchiladas, chips and hot sauce, margaritas, rice and beans. we even entertained the whole restaurant with our table's la bamba sing-a-long!  i was in heaven. i'm getting hungry just thinking about it. we had to wait an hour, but it was well worth it.

we will definitely be heading back to the mission. (we also spent some time at casanova and elbo room - so much fun!) thanks matt and patrick for being our tour guides!

10 comments:

Morgan said...

I live off Mexican food so good Mexi food is a must! Glad you found a place. :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That place looks like an awesome find!

Lacey in the City said...

Mmmm that looks so good!!

Lauren said...

yummm! did they have frrriiiitos?!

Nicole Marie said...

the mission seriously has the BEST mexican food

Krystal said...

that looks like such a fun night!

Jaclyn said...

sounds amazing - i am obsessed with mexican!

Cupcake Couture Doll said...

Hey Lacey, you left me a comment on my blog and I had not read it until now. Well first of all those enchiladas look soooo good.Anyways, yeah I live in Corpus Christi. I love checking out your blog! :)

Nell said...

Sounds so good. I could happily eat some now! x

JMay said...

The food here in the Mission really is the best! :-)