Saturday, December 18, 2010

rain, rain, rain.

it's been raining for two days straight here. i think mother nature is just prepping us because for christmas we're headed to...

seattle! and the forecast looks like it'll be raining the whole time..

my first week at work was great. i only had a couple minor mishaps, but nothing too crazy. for example, during a team building activity, we had to name all the countries we've been to and name our favorite. i said amsterdam was my favorite country because the canals that run through the city are so neat and i loved riding my bike everywhere. however, everyone just laughed and made marijuana-related jokes. i was so embarrassed... then after the team meeting i realized oh yeah, amsterdam is a city not a country. duh! great first impression, huh?! oh well. hopefully everyone was too excited about upcoming christmas vacation and they won't remember!

today we're enjoying some hot cocoa and watching the rain outside! hope everyone is staying dry and warm. 

7 days until christmas!

11 comments:

Liz said...

aw, I hate moments like that. I'm sure everyone has already forgotten :)

hey, random question. what lenses do you use on your camera? looking to upgrade my kit 18-55 and wondering if you had any suggestion? I have that and the 50mm 1.4, which I love, but need something that gives me a wider angle sometimes! thanks in advance for any advice!

Jen said...

the times I have been to seattle.....it's more of a light rain, not heavy like in Texas. It was drizzle off and on. you can still get out and do stuff. makes the city look dreamy.

nicole ...given said...

ADORABLE BLOG!

Elle Sees said...

at least you didn't say Africa was a country. I hear that all the time.

Kinsey Michaels said...

aw lacey.. you're too cute haha. i'm sure you'll be forgiven for that slipup :) i hope you guys have a blast in seattle. i've never been before but it looks like a fun city!

{lovely little things} said...

Seattle!? That's my city, do you have family in town? What's your reason for holiday travel?

Sara Louise said...

I make little gaffs like that all the time! Hope all your rain rain goes away soon, I'm covered in snow in my little corner of France at the moment, very Christmasy, but very cold! :-)
P.S. Really like your new glasses in the previous post

Caroline said...

I love that you admitted this ... I have had plenty of moments like the one above. WIshing you a lovely holiday and congrats on your first week of work. I love love love Seattle .. one of my favorite places!! XO!

City Girl said...

Have a great time in Seattle!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha, I'm sure they'll all forget about your answer with the holiday. Enjoy your time in Seattle!

Lacey in the City said...

Aww that's not very nice that they laughed! Don't even worry about it :) Also - love your xmas card!