Thursday, January 27, 2011

a lovely day in monterey.

last saturday, nicholas and i drove a little over an hour to monterey. the weather in northern california has been amazing! (68 degrees and sunny, clear skies) and saturday was no exception. we explored cannery row and enjoyed fish, calamari and grilled artichokes for lunch right on the water. it was so pretty! after lunch, we went to lover's point... rocks that form a point out into the bay. we climbed to the end of the rocks, basked in the sun and watched the brave surfers ride the waves. this is definitely a spot we want to go back to. (next time, we want to go to the aquarium, too!)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
do you spot the surfer in this one?
Photobucket
Photobucket

13 comments:

Morgan said...

Looks like a lovely time indeed!

Bree said...

What a great day!
How good do those apples look?? mmm

Rachel said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures! Looks like y'all had a fabulous time, sweet friend! You and your hubby are too precious :) Annnnnd now I want a caramel apple :)

Krystal said...

those pictures of you guys are incredible, how awesome! that sky is breathtaking for sure..

Courtney said...

looks like a great Saturday!

Amanda said...

looks like so much fun! you guys go on the best adventures!

Rosie said...

Lovely pictures...I love Monterey, it's one of my favorite cities. You MUST do the aquarium next time. My fiancee and I make the drive up every summer from Orange County which is about 7 hours just for that!

Natalie said...

The sea otters at the aquarium are so cute. Definitely a must see for your next trip!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Looks so beautiful!

I'm going to Monterey tomorrow! :)

Kinsey Michaels said...

Your outfit is adorable Lacey, sounds like an absolutely perfect day. I'm sooo jealous of your weather, but I'll get to experience a taste of it when I go to San Diego next week!

Elle Sees said...

i've neverrrr been to monterey, but would love to..esp after seeing your pics!

Laura said...

Great photos - sounds like the perfect way to spend a day off! My fiance and I are from the East Coast but we road tripped cross country last year and hit Monterey. It was one of our very favorite spots!

Caroline said...

Marc and I love Monterey!! He asked me to marry him on a gorgeous beach about 25 minutes south of Monterey near Big Sur. One of my favorite places. XO!