Tuesday, January 11, 2011

typical weeknight.



(this picture has nothing to do with the post, except that i'm really craving gelato right now!)

since i started my fancy new job in december, i've been working really long hours to try to learn everything i can... but unfortunately, i haven't had enough time to dedicate to my little ol' blog. like i never told y'all about a earthquake we had on friday. it was basically right underneath my office, 4.1 on the Richter scale.  (i was driving and honestly didn't even feel it, but i would have liked to.) or that i made the best soup ever! (well, second best; my chicken tortilla soup is the best.) i haven't even taken our christmas tree down yet! i'll try to get that done by the end of february. (haha, ok, january!)

so i get home between 5:45pm and 6:45pm, check my email and regular mail, make dinner, do a load of laundry and then its time for bed again! so boring, right?! but, at least i appreciate the weekends more and am looking forward to more california explorations with my hubbie.

oh ps. nicholas and i have a new niece born on 1/1/11. emma marie has the coolest birthday ever!

image via weheartit

11 comments:

Lauren said...

I really want some gelato right now.

TalksAboutNothing* said...

I totally understand you. I've been busy and didn't have time for anything fun.
There was an earthquake not long ago where I live too, but I never felt it.
Btw, love gelato.

Amanda said...

you made me really want some gelato!

hopefully youll get settled in soon and wont have to work so late! i miss your posts!

Claire said...

AHA!! I make Ice cream like that!! :):)

jackiek said...

mmm that gelato looks great :)
and aw i'm sorry you're working such long hours. hopefully soon you'll catch a break!
and you're right. your niece as the luckiest birthday ever! xo

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I completely know how you feel! I feel like I'm on auto sometimes with coming home from work! Hang in there, you'll get in a good routine.

Courtney said...

i can totally relate! work takes up such an enormous amount of the day and leaves little time for all other stuff.

is the dolce spazio or gelato classico? umm gelato always hits the spot!

the southern hostess said...

Loving that gelato.

Krystal said...

I hope you are loving your new job!!

*D* said...

I've been so busy I haven't been able to take my tree down yet either. oops! haha and congrats on the new addition to the family!

Kinsey Michaels said...

it can be really tough to balance a full-time job and a blog, plus you obviously need time for your husband, friends, and household stuff! i hear ya lacey!!
i'm totally craving gelato too!! how funny! i think i'm going to wait til i'm in san diego in 2 weeks to feed my craving ;)