Monday, February 28, 2011

before moving to CA, this summed me up pretty well:

and while the above is still true, i have to admit that california is growing on me. in texas, nobody went on hikes. what is hiking anyways? aren't you just walking? but here, everyone goes on hikes. so, i wanted to see what the fuss was all about. last weekend, nicholas and i walked from our apartment to the trail that runs thorough town. and that took us all the way to the lexington reservoir and then we followed the trails into the surrounding mountains and back to town. let me tell you... my legs were SO SORE the next day. but, i had so much fun hiking! so, we went again this weekend. it's great! we get to enjoy the outdoors, get some exercise, have quality time together and have fun exploring.
Photobucket
enjoying the view at the reservoir.
Photobucket
Photobucket
i think i'm addicted!

10 comments:

Jenny {The Road to Bliss} said...

haha! Living in Houston, that sums me up as well!! What a beautiful view you have on that hike - I am falling in love with Los Gatos the more and more you show up how great it is!!

Kai.Mercado. said...

I love to Hike! There is a beautiful trail in San Diego called Torrey Pines...simply breathtaking.

Cupcake Couture Doll said...

very nice view...aw by the way does your hoodie say Corpus Christi?

{lovely little things} said...

There's so much to see in California, glad you're enjoying it!

Kinsey Michaels said...

now you can go hiking all the time and explore tons of different trails!!! glad you had fun!

Nicole Marie said...

hahah that's so funny. i never would have thought as hiking as a california thing but its so true!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I love hiking! I only really do it in the summer though since our winters are a little colder than CA ones.

audrey marie said...

so jealous! there is nothing gorgeous like this to hike around in chicago. just snowy streets!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's great that you enjoy it! I've been on one hike and it was a lot of fun!

Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said...

I am in LOVE with that quote you posted at the top of this blog...made me laugh out loud! Glad CA is growing on you! I have been in the are for about 7 years now and looks like my life is taking me to TX...I think we swapped! Enjoy all your new adventures together!

Liesl :)