Tuesday, March 22, 2011

where i've been lately...

Photobucket

in the month leading up to our wedding, i was pretty good about exercising regularly. i mean, i didn't go crazy and stop eating certain foods or try to lose weight, etc just to fit in my dress... i just tried to be healthy and look decent in my bathing suit for our honeymoon.  after the wedding, we moved to california and things were busy... and i didn't ever exercise. then, we went hiking and a granny passed me while i was huffing and puffing up a trail. since then, i decided that my metabolism was only going to slow down the older i got and i better get into a good routine of exercising.

SO, we joined a gym.

an awesomely cool fancy gym with a steam room. and i LOVE it. i enjoying going to the group classes... yoga, body conditioning spinning, etc... but my favorite part is sitting in the steam room after a good workout and just chillin'. it is so relaxing and makes me feel so refreshed!

so that's where i've been when i'm not blogging! ;) chillin' in the steam room...

4 comments:

Kinsey Michaels said...

group exercise classes are the best. i find it's one of the few things that motivates me to exercise. it sounds like you guys joined a great gym!

Liz said...

TOTALLY relate to this! After the wedding I have been slowing down on the working out MUCHO. And it's not about being skinny or whatever, but when I was working out more regularly I FELT amazing and had way more energy! A Mexican vacation is motivating me to get back in the gym.. And I am SO with you on the group classes. I work so much harder and have a ton more fun. They are the best!

And P.S. It's so hard to find time to work, blog, go to the gym, cook dinner, oh and maybe spend some good 'ol time with the hubby, am I right?!

Courtney said...

sounds like you're doing a great job of staying motivated! I have definitely fallen off the wagon with all this cold, rainy weather. I need to start being good about the gym again. Spring is right around the corner!!!

maria said...

Hey Lacey!!! I was wondering if you could give me any restaurant recommendations?? we are heading to ft.worth on monday for a week!! p.s something that would be ok for a 4year old too!!!
thanks honey!