Wednesday, March 16, 2011

wine road barrel tasting

nicholas and i recently attended the 2011 wine road barrel tasting in sonoma county. we got to taste wine futures straight out of the barrel that won't be ready to sell for 12-18 months. it was so much fun! we first stopped at bella winery, where we did the tasting in a cave underneath the vineyard. after that we made our way to dutcher crossing, matrix and armida - all lovely places with great views and delicious wine. we're looking forward to making the trip to sonoma county more often.
Photobucket
see the cave entrance below the vineyard...
Photobucket
barrels aging in the cave
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
ahh, heaven...
Photobucket

14 comments:

Bree said...

I'm trying to find a place for my boyfriend and I to go wine tasting-shouldn't be too hard though, we're about 40 minutes from the wine region. I always wondered how people got home after lol I hear people leave drunk? haha maybe I'm just an idiot.

Courtney said...

sonoma is one of my favorite places ever!! long weekends there are the best. you two look very happy and relaxed :)

Meg said...

oh i'm SO jealous! looks like you guys had an amazing time. and i LOVE your outfit! so cute!

Nicole Marie said...

i'm so sad i missed the barrel tasting this year! these are beautiful pcitures though!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Looks like a great time. A bunch of my Nothern CA friends went and had a blast!

Caroline said...

I love the last photo of you!! So cute! xo!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How fun! That looks like it would have been fun!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How fun! That looks like it would have been fun!

Rachel said...

I want to go to there! Such beautiful pics!

everyone calls me bon bon said...

How romantic and relaxing! You are rocking those aviators too:-) xoxo

{lovely little things} said...

beautiful pictures!

wishful nals said...

my goodness, how fun. wine tasting is my fave. also, love your dress. xo

Casey Drake said...

This winery looks so fun, I love the cave! Glad you guys made it up there! Let's get together soon! :)

Weekend Cowgirl said...

Looks like fabulous fun!!!!