Monday, April 18, 2011

i left my heart in san... diego.

last weekend, my amazing husband took me to san diego for a fun weekend trip. it was AWESOME. i've had a lot of people tell me san diego was cool, but seriously, i fell in love with that city. the food was delicious, flip flops were widely acceptable, the weather was perfect and the sights are gorgeous.

our first night there we stayed in the gaslamp district downtown at the marriott, where we got upgraded to a suite!! it was so nice. our hotel also had a super fun roof top bar called altitude which overlooked the bay, the Coronado bridge, the baseball field and the rest of downtown. we got there just in time for happy hour too!
Photobucket
too bad there wasn't a baseball game to watch... we would have had a great view!

for dinner our first night, we found one of the hippest spots in town: el camino. the place is genius. its a lounge/tequila bar/patio/restaurant with a contemporary/dia de los muertos/mexican theme. very unique. i had the best burrito i've ever had in my life here. seriously!
Photobucket
the "california burrito" took all my favorites foods and put them into one giant flour tortilla... carne asada, guacamole and french fries. i'm telling you this place is genius. if you are ever in san diego, be sure to stop by! mmm... i'm drooling just thinking about that burrito.

5 comments:

Morgan said...

Love that picture of you! So pretty!

Sandy a la Mode said...

ohh sounds like a great time! i LOVE SD! the weather is soo perfect and there's so much to do there!

{lovely little things} said...

Sounds like a fun trip!

Kinsey Michaels said...

love your pics lacey!!! i'm so pumped you got to go to altitude and george's! isn't san diego the greatest? it's such a charming city with that small town feel to it. i think that's why i love it there so much!
george's is on my list for my trip in 3 weeks. i've only heard good things!

Cara-Mia said...

I have yet to go to Altitude, but I really want to!

My heart is really in San Diego as my boyfriend lives there. :)