Tuesday, August 16, 2011

lacey, the florist.

thank you for all of your sweet comments about our new house! 
we are so excited and I will definitely share pictures once we're settled in.


last weekend, nicholas and i drove up to portland for my brother-in-law's (cj) wedding. when i first met janelle (cj's new wife) in seattle, we went to the pike place farmer's market and i was in love with all the flowers. i told janelle that having a little flower shop would be a dream job for me. well, three years later, janelle remembered that and asked if i would help out with the flowers for her wedding! i was sooo honored that she asked me to help on her big day.

the day of the wedding, me and a few of janelle's portland friends, went up to the site and put together boutonnieres, bouquets & centerpieces.

i actually have no experience in floral arrangements other than the sweet bouquets i get from my dad and my hubby. so, honestly, i was pleasantly surprised how gorgeous everything turned out. especially the boutonnieres!
{bridesmaid's bouquet}

{bouquets}

{janelle's bouquet before the ribbon was put on}

{boutonnieres}

{gorgeous outdoor setting w/ centerpieces}

{me and my main man wearing his yellow boutonniere!}

9 comments:

danica said...

All the flowers are beautiful! I especially love the bouquet in the first picture! :)

Lacey in the City said...

The flowers are lovely, Lacey! What a considerate sister-in-law to remember a comment that you made off-hand three years ago!

Courtney said...

beautifully done! i love the differences between the flowers, kinda rustic feeling. And the venue, swoon!

Ashley said...

Gorgeous! Good job Lacey :)

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

They turned out great, way to go, you might have a new career calling!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

They turned out great, way to go, you might have a new career calling!

Justine said...

They looked great Lace! I might have to hire you instead of all these florists we are meeting with to do our wedding!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love all of those!!

Paisley Print Shoes said...

i just had to do all the flower arrangements for a friend's wedding i was in too (and i am NOT a florist haha). funny thing is, she used dahlias too! beautiful flowers, aren't they? you did a great job!