Friday, November 25, 2011

thanksgiving.

this year for thanksgiving, nicholas and i drove about an hour and a half north to spend the night with my aunt and uncle, my cousin Joy and her two girls Allyn and Reagan. (we spent thanksgiving with them last year too!)

my aunt larre prepared a delicious thanksgiving dinner with all the fixin's... turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, cranberry relish... YUM. it was so good. she even sent us home with leftovers! i made my mom's leftover turkey sandwich (although for some reason it always tastes better when mom makes it!) we watched lots of football, played rummikub and jenga and ate lots of pie and sat by the fireplace! all in all, a wonderful thanksgiving!

and, because it wouldn't be thanksgiving without a little gratitude... in no particular order, this year i'm especially thankful for:

my husband for letting me put my freezing toes on his warm body every time i get into bed.
my family that i'll be seeing in 2 weeks!
my wonderful job and the friends i've met along the way.
mexican food - as different as it is in california, i still love it.
junior league for introducing me to some great ladies.
pinterest for all the ingenious ideas.
coffee. no explanation needed.
the health of my friends and family and husband.
my health.
our new home.
the pot roast i have cooking in the oven.
my california family for welcoming us in this thanksgiving and making us feel at home.
my friends from tcu - because even though i don't talk to them everyday, 
we have some great memories and we always pick up right where we left off.
blogging. for helping me keep track of my life, appreciate the little things and big things, and introducing me to so many wonderful women across the globe.
long walks around our neighborhood, holding hands with my amazing husband.

hoping everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and it's nice you didn't have to travel too far. We need to meet up at one of our next JL meetings. I am so happy to hear you're enjoying yourself!