Wednesday, January 18, 2012

mad men...

i'm still obsessing over mad men! i'm almost through season 2. i cannot get enough of the fashion! mimi, my grandma, bought me this green dress from shabby apple for christmas, but it was a little too big.

unfortunately, when i went to exchange it, they were sold out of every other size. i was so thrilled, however, to find this gorgeous navy dress in my size and i can't wait to get it!


now, i just need a cigarette - or ten! - and an old-fashioned to complete my mad men look. (isn't it insane how much they smoke on that show!?) i'm not sure where i'll wear it to yet...

i could wear it to work, but just last week our VP of HR announced that we are relaxing the dress code. basically, everyday is like casual friday. jeans for everyone! (except when you have a presentation or a meeting with a customer or supplier, etc.) so, i'd be a little over dressed now if i wore it on a regular work day.

... will somebody please host a mad men party? maybe for the premiere of season 5, on march 25th?!

4 comments:

Noelani said...

Oh my gosh, that navy blue dress is darling! :)

Lindsay said...

I LOVE the idea of a Mad Men party. That would be so fun. Too bad none of my friends watch the show.

Emily Samuels said...

Love that show + the fashion. We're about half-way through season 2. My husband can't watch an episode without making an Old Fashioned!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I am SO excited for the show to come back! I heard their doing a big time jump!