Friday, February 15, 2013

A Wicked Date Night

One of the perks of going to a really small high school in south Texas was that when I auditioned for a role in a musical, I got the part! I can't carry a tune (AT ALL!), but there wasn't a lot of competition, lucky for me!

Since then, I have LOVED musicals and plays. 
And, I really appreciate the talent it takes to perform!

For Christmas, my darling husband gave me tickets to see Wicked at the Orpheum Theater in San Francisco on February 8th!


Except, on Christmas Day, Nicholas didn't hand me an envelope that contained Wicked tickets. 

Nope, the envelope he gave me contained CLUES! 

I had to hunt for my tickets.

Here I am on Christmas Day, with my cup of tea and a lot of snow outside, contemplating a riddle which would lead me to the next clue and another riddle. 

Finally, at the end I got my tickets!

Before the show, we grabbed some cocktails and a bite to eat at Absinthe on Hayes St in SF.


It was an early dinner since we had to make it to the theater on time. 
And, because our reservation was so early, we were the youngest people in the restaurant by about 40 years! Regardless, the waiter was attentive and the short ribs were delicious.


We enjoyed fancy drinks and I even had a dash of Absinthe in my Wonderlust cocktail!

Cheers to a fun date night in the city with the hubs.

You wouldn't have guessed it with the sun shining in the window in the picture above, but during our dessert, it began raining cats and dogs outside! 

Yes, we had a 10 minute walk to the theater.

No, we did not have an umbrella!

My chivalrous husband hailing a cab in the pouring rain, while I wait, protected from the rain, under an awning!

We finally made it to the theater, soaking wet, but happy as clams.

And finally, SHOWTIME!


The show was spectacular. When Elphaba sang Defying Gravity, I had chills.
I highly recommend seeing it if it comes to your city!

3 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I love Wicked! My husband and I saw it together last year. And so random, I've been to that restaurant Absinthe before, amazing drinks!

Jenna said...

Such a perfect Christmas present - love that you had to find your tickets via clues :) I saw Wicked in Chicago... so good!

xxx
Jenna

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Wicked came to Seattle a few months ago and just LOVED it!