Saturday, February 2, 2013

Nikki's Elephant-themed Baby Shower!

My dear friend Nikki is due any day now with her first baby - a boy! Her adorable elephant-themed baby shower, hosted by Alyssa, was just so precious that I had to share some pictures from the day:

Framed invitation on the entry table.

 Mimosa Bar!

Isn't that balloon and streamer backdrop so cute? 

Kara's Cupcakes... ohmygodsogood!!

Elephant diaper cake, made by my friend Allison!


These are the lovely ladies that I get to work with everyday!

 Everyone focused on the baby-shower game!

Opening presents.

The mother-to-be and me :) 

Junior League girls!

Nikki with Alyssa, the hostess with the mostess, and her puppy, Fiona!


I am so excited for Nikki and her husband, Brandon. 
Their little bundle of joy should be here soon!

12 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

What a cute theme!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

What a cute shower!

Weekend Cowwgirl said...

The decorations were fabulous!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I just love this theme! Everything is so cute!

Casey Drake said...

So cute! So Sad i missed it! Let me know when she has her baby! :)

J and A said...

What an amazing shower! It's all so cute. I Love the elephant theme!!

Karon Sherington said...

Can you tell me how you did the back drop... Did you hang the streamers on a curtain rod or something like that?

L A C E Y said...

It's so easy! We laid masking tape on the floor sticky side up and stuck all the streamers on. Then we used another piece of masking tape to tape it to the wall. The balloons are also taped on.

Jessica G said...

LOVE the backdrop... how many rolls of streamer did you buy?

L A C E Y said...

@ Jessica G - Thanks! It was so long ago... I don't remember. I would just measure how high you want it, then multiply that by 15-20 streamers per color block section. That would tell you about how much length you need for the streamers. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Hello,
I'm curious as to how you made the long streamers (behind the dessert table / below the balloons). Did you literally take a single roll of steamer and tape them together, or buy a table cloth and cut strips...or did you find it pre-cut/pre-made already? I would be very interested in easiest / most cost-effective way of replicating that! thanks in advance for any advice!

L A C E Y said...

@ Unknown - It's just single rolls of steamers taped to the wall. So easy and inexpensive!