Monday, February 18, 2013

Our Unconventional Valentine's Day with Swedish House Mafia

When I think of Valentine's Day, I normally think of a quiet, romantic dinner at an over-priced restaurant... sappy cards... roses... and maybe even some jewelry.

This year, however, Nicholas and I did things a little differently.  We celebrated our love (and youth!) in San Francisco with German food and a wild EDM dance party with 8,000 other Swedish House Mafia fans.

It. was. AH-MAA-ZING.

Dave and Justine snagged the tickets for us months ago, and flew in from Dallas for the occasion. I pulled together what I thought was a wild outfit...


... although this was pretty tame compared to most other people at the show!


Wiener schnitzel and beer at Suppenkuche was the perfect pre-show fuel. We needed a fun restaurant that could keep up with our rowdy crowd, and this place definitely delivered!

Aren't these boots of beer fun?! 
(And, no! I did not drink that whole thing! We basically shared 2 boots amongst 6 people!)


After dinner we stopped my a random bar and took some silly pictures. The regulars there must have thought we just ridiculous!
Me and Justine... aka "Tiner"

My love and me.

the boys... Dave, Lane, Carson, and Nicholas!


#onelasttour at the bill graham civic auditorium in SF

Inside the venue,  loving life and ready for the show to start.


Look at ALLLLLL the people!!

Swedish House Mafia played 4 nights in a row and sold out each one!

The lights were a show in itself. 

Confetti from the ceiling!


Oh, and don't forget about the pyrotechnics!



The show was over relatively early... so we walked to a (sketchy!) pizza shop for a couple of slices before heading back to our hotel! (We had to get up early the next morning to drive up to Napa.)


And, that, my friends, was our lovely Valentine's Day!

xoxo

No comments: