Sunday, March 10, 2013

Rummage Sale 2013.

From Preview Party. It was a "Hollywood" theme... 

Just a quick picture from this year's Rummage Sale Preview Party by the Junior League of San Jose. Every other year, we have a HUGE "garage" sale (in the County Fairgrounds Expo Hall) where all the members donate items to sell for very, very inexpensive prices in the community. We then use the proceeds to help in the community! Over the course of 2 days, I volunteered for 15 hours! It was a busy couple of days for me, but it came together nicely and I even benefitted... The night before the sale opens to the community, we have a big Preview Party with silent auction, etc. JLSJ Members are able to have first dibs on all the sales items (for double the price) and I found the perfect ski coat for my upcoming trip to Tahoe! Score! And, I even won one of the Silent Auction prizes I bid on! :)

Too bad I didn't take any pictures on the actual Sale Day... but here's a video from the last Rummage Sale that sums it up pretty well:

No comments: