Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Backyard Birthday Party!


For my birthday, Nicholas and I celebrated with our amazing friends at our home. We actually had a little rain the morning of the party... which had me on edge until about 3:00 when the sun came out and the rest of the day was gorgeous!

We played cornhole in the backyard and I served Pulled Pork Tacos, this yummy Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad and Palomas! 

After our grocery run...

Fresh flowers and strawberry shortcake from Flower Flour in Willow Glen...

Such an adorable shop and an clever concept... bakery and florist in one!

I forgot to take pics of the set up until after people started showing up...

One thing that we didn't count on was the abundance of tiny little wisteria flowers falling from the arbor. We had to keep the food covered with saran wrap to prevent flowers from getting in all the food! Oh well, we made it work.



My favorite guy...

Cole hole tourney...

My birthday would not have been the same without these lovely ladies from work...
{Chelsea, Ashley, Jana, me and Annie}

My new drink of choice: Palomas!

So happy these pretties came to celebrate with me!
{Courtney, Alyssa, me, Kristin, and Allison}


And then it was time for cake!



I honestly feel so lucky to have met such wonderful people over the last couple of years in California. Not only am I thankful to have had another healthy, happy year with Nicholas by my side, but I have amazing new friends surrounding me, too! 

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

What a beautiful backyard birthday party!!!!!