Saturday, April 6, 2013

Birthday!

I turned 27 yesterday and today is my mom's birthday! 


Happy, happy birthday, Mom! Love you tons!

(I won't tell you how old she is, because frankly, I'm not really sure... 39 again?!) Hehe.

We are celebrating today in California with a Backyard Birthday Party! Thankfully, it seems like the "April Showers" will hold off another day or two. 

We have cornhole and bocce ball for the backyard and I'm serving Pulled Pork Tacos, this yummy Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad and Palomas! And, a bunch of other apps and bevies! Oh, and cake, too! I mean, it IS my birthday afterall!

We have about 25 people coming over (which is a good thing it's not raining today because our house in TINY but our backyard is big and perfect for an outdoor party.)

Next week, Nick and I are flying to Texas to celebrate again with my parents and brothers! It's almost been two years since I last visited my hometown in Texas... so being surrounded by all of our Cali friends this weekend and then being surrounded by my family next weekend is the best birthday present a girl could ask for!

Cheers!

3 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Cornhold, bocce ball, pulled pork tacos, and palomas, sounds like the perfect birthday! Have a great party!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Happy happy birthday to you both! Safe travels back to Texas! Have a great time!

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday! Adorable blog