Thursday, May 2, 2013

Big City Girl.

I'd never actually considered moving to San Francisco until this happened...

I became a "Big City Girl"... Well, at least that's what I called myself after spending three days commuting up to San Francisco for a training - HAH! I would get up early, drive to the BART station, jump on the train for 45 minutes, then emerge from underground in the middle of the city!

I happened to luck out because my training was right in the middle of one of the most beautiful weeks, weather wise, in San Francisco that I've ever experienced. If you've never been to the city, let me just tell you... it's always at least 15 degrees cooler than San Jose and foggy and windy. But, not this time! And the icing on the cake was that my training was right near the Embarcadero, just blocks from the Ferry Building. So everyday, I'd walk to the Ferry Building for lunch with all the other 20- to 30- somethings who have these fun, big city lives and I sat right on the water and soaked up the sun until it was time to get back to work!

I can't imagine doing that as a permanent commute, but I did tell Nicholas that if the weather was always like that, I'd move up to the city at least for a year!

Here are some snapshots from my week:

I know only "tourists" look up... but I couldn't help it!

First day of training... Ready to learn!

The Ferry Building, and just look at that gorgeous blue sky.


My first lunch was this delicious salad from Out the Door
I highly recommend it and want it again!

My second morning, I had time to grab a coffee and walk down to the water before my class started. Beautiful!

Another lunch in the Ferry Building!

 Last morning stroll down the Embarcadero.

Cute biscuit booth in the Ferry Building.

Last day's lunch: Pizza Politana from one of the farmer's market vendors just outside the Ferry Building.

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Love those photos! SF is one of my favorite spots!

Weekend Cowgirl said...

It's a great city and so many fun things to see there! I love visiting the wonderful cities, but I am always happy when I get home...