Monday, June 17, 2013

Orlando and Universal Studios!

After our trip to the Dominican, I flew straight to Orlando for a work conference. Because of our flight delays, I missed about half of the conference, but still managed to make it worthwhile! 

Drinks in one of the hotel bars after a long day of traveling... I finally made it!

The conference was at the Peabody in Orlando. 

This was the view of the pool from my room - so wish I would've had time to go to the pool. 

The keynote address on the last day was Misty May-Treanor being interviewed by ESPN's Linda Cohn. It was interesting to hear the two women, who are both successful in the world of sports in different ways, talk about their journeys. Misty even talked about meeting Prince Harry! How fun.


Now for the really fun stuff.... the conference wrapped up Thursday afternoon and my manager and I went to Universal Studios and the Island of Adventures for the rest of the day on Thursday and Friday!

First stop, Hogsmeade from Harry Potter!


Don't the snow covered roof tops look odd in Florida?! 
It was really warm out, too!


I tried Butterbeer! 
It was good... it tasted like Cream Soda with a hint of butterscotch, and a whipped cream topping for the foam. 



Hogwarts! 
The ride was so fun. We went on it twice!!


After the Jurassic Park ride. We got splashed at the end.

 On Friday, we went to Universal Studios and rode all the rides there. The Revenge of the Mummy, which is a pitch black, indoor roller coaster, was my favorite.

And, we saw super heros...


And, a replica of San Francisco... even Fisherman's Wharf and the Buena Vista cafe...


4 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Fun! How was Butterbeer, what did it taste like?

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

So so fun!!! Yes, how was the butterbeer? I've heard it's pretty good!

L A C E Y said...

@Michelle & Carol - it was good! It tasted like Cream Soda with a hint of butterscotch, and had a whipped cream-ish topping for the foam.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I went there the summer HPW opened and it was so much fun!! Glad you enjoyed I!