1. Link back to the person who nominated you
2. Answer the questions asked by the nominator
3. Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate for the award
4. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5. Notify your nominees of the award
Here are the my answer to the questions I was asked:
1. What must you have when going on a road trip?
I love to have a good audiobook on a roadtrip. It makes the time fly by. When my husband and I drove 15 hours from San Jose, CA to Seattle, WA for Christmas several years ago, we listened to the Girl with the Dragon tattoo series. When we finally reached our destination, we waited in the car to finish the chapter because it was so engaging!
2. What was the last movie you saw and how was it?
We're the Millers. It was hilarious!
3. What is your biggest accomplishment?
Hm, great question. I'd have to say my marriage. Not only did I pick the perfect guy to spend the rest of my life with, but we've really dedicated ourselves to each other and to putting our marriage first. I know too many people (our age!) who are divorced or in the process of getting divorced and I am so blessed to have Nicholas by my side. We just celebrated our 3rd anniversary on September 5th!
4. Who is the most annoying person on t.v.?
Mainstream media is hard to watch in general these days with its extreme liberal bias.
5. You have a roundtrip ticket. Where are you going and who are you taking?
I've been following @googleearthpics on twitter and the northern lights are just breathtaking. Doesn't Iceland look magical? And, my favorite travel companion, Nicholas, would of course be along for the ride.
Iceland pics from here
6. If you had to eat only one food for an entire month what would it be?
Oh, this is easy... Mexican! Fajitas, tacos, guacamole, chips and salsa. That would be an awesome month!
7. What is your greatest fear?
Never moving back to Texas ;)
8. Would you rather have a flawless face or perfect body?
Flawless face. You can always dress your body to compliment your shape or hide your imperfections. A bright smile and voluminous eyelashes can make a world of difference!
9. Spiders or snakes? Which is worse?
Spiders are worse. Yuck!
10. Do you like to DIY or hire someone else?
Depends what it is... I do like to get crafty (like with these table numbers and this painting and the bridesmaids' bouquets I made below and home decorating), but I will NOT attempt to cut/color my own hair or fix the water heater.
11. If you could have a maid, chef, or personal stylist which would you choose and why?
Without a doubt, I would have a maid. We've occasionally hired a maid (especially when we have guests coming to stay with us and we are swamped with work or Nick is travelling) and there's nothing I love more than coming home to a spotless house that I didn't have to clean! To me, it is totally worth the money. Plus, I love cooking and shopping; those are fun to me... but cleaning just seems like a waste of time!
Thanks for the award Cortney!
Be sure to check out Cortney's darling blog.
To pass this along, I would like to nominate:
Both of these bloggers have two adorable kids and have experienced cross-country moves! Not an easy task, I'm sure!
And my questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite city in the USA and why?
2. What is something on your bucket list?
3. What is your favorite blog post that you've published? (Link to it so we can read it!)
4. What is your favorite season?
5. Would you rather spend an evening playing board games or watching movies?
6. When do you find time to blog?
7. What's your go-to Starbucks order?
8. What is your significant other's favorite meal that you've made?
9. What's the most random thing in your purse right now?
10. What is your most embarrassing moment?
11. You have a roundtrip ticket. Where would you go and who would you take with you?
Thanks again to Cortney for the award. This has definitely encouraged me to get back to my bloggin' again, so you better be ready. :)