Monday, December 9, 2013

Sixth Annual Ornament Exchange

One of my absolute favorite Christmas traditions is decorating our Christmas tree! Our tree isn't fancy (or even real this year!), but for the last 6 years Nick and I have exchanged ornaments each Christmas and there's nothing sweeter than pulling out our ornaments and putting them on the tree and reminiscing about our adventures. We always pick out ornaments that represent something significant that year or that we bought as a souvenir while travelling.

Over the years, we've collected quite the assortment of ornaments: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.

Like last year, we picked out our ornaments together this year, so it wasn't a surprise exchange. 

I get GIDDY when it comes to ornaments, so when we happened upon a year-round Christmas shop in Carmel when we were there celebrating our anniversary, I just had to have an ornament to remember our special trip. Nicholas picked out this little cottage for me, just like the ones in Carmel:


He had the shopkeeper write Happy 3rd Anniversary on it and the year! Which I don't think I would forget, but maybe after 6 more year of ornament exchanges, year could get a bit fuzzy!


For Nicholas, I found this beautiful gold heart ornament when we stopped in Ashland, OR on our way to Portland for Thanksgiving. (I haven't blogged about Thanksgiving yet, but it was so fun and I'll write about it soon!)


The heart reads "Believe, Have Faith, Love."

Over the last year and a half, Nicholas and I have tried to start our family without much success. It has been frustrating and disappointing at times, but we Believe in God's plan for us, we Have Faith that we will have children, and we absolutely Love each other. I thought this ornament was a perfect reminder of this past year!

 Here we are in front of our tree before we went to see the Nutcracker in San Francisco!


At the age of 27, I'm not sure I should be so mesmerized with this tree, 
but I love sitting in our living room with the lights off and the Christmas tree lit... so pretty!

Happy Christmas wishes everyone!

2 comments:

Casey Drake said...

Love the ornaments this year! :) and your outfit for the nutcracker! :)

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

You're never too old to be mesmerized by a Christmas tree!