Monday, January 13, 2014

A Date at Cantor Arts Center

On Saturday, Nicholas and I slept in... 
made a late breakfast... 
stayed in our PJs... 
watched a couple episodes of Lost... 
then around 1pm, I said,
"I feel like we're wasting the day! Let's go do something fun." 

And, so we did. 

Since we had such a great time on our first visit (and it's free!), 
we went to the Cantor Arts Center in Palo Alto. 

  First priority, a latte for him, tea for me, and an Almond and Apple Pastry with Whipped Cream to share.
 We perused the art...
 ^^The Thinker by Rodin

^^"Val Kilmer" per Nicholas

^^Funky painted plate lady

^^Mummy coffin and my hot date^^


There were several people perched around the museum with sketch pads, drawing out the paintings. It was a fun challenge to try to sneak behind them and get a look at their work. We also did quite a bit of eavesdropping on people interpreting the pieces to each other... some of them were just hilarious! But, my favorite art museum game is quizzing Nicholas... out of this piece and this piece, which would you rather have in our house? And see if we have the same answer! Yes, we keep ourselves pretty entertained!