Monday, January 6, 2014

First Weekend of the Year!

Happy Monday, y'all! Hope everyone's 2014 is off to a great start.

After all of our holiday travel on the cruise and in Napa, it was so nice to have a weekend at home with Nicholas. We went out for breakfast twice... and good thing I haven't posted any New Year's Resolutions yet, because neither of our breakfasts were close to healthy. Chiliquiles... Eggs Benedict... Chicken and Waffles. Oh dear. Good thing we also got a nice long hike in. While we were on our hike, we noticed that we were both decked out in our Stryker gear. Nick had on two layer of Stryker and a water bottle. I was wearing a Stryker fleece! Funny. We always joked about "drinking the Stryker kool-aid" and I guess we must've!


I also got a lot of blogging in (!!!!) and finished recapping our Christmas cruise and trip to Napa/NYE. I would love to do a year in review soon like I have in past years, but I am so behind - I need to catch up first. If you see blog posts out of order, that's because I have lots from the summer and fall to catch up on!  

Our weekend also included a trip to the farmer's market in Campbell, where we picked up some local produce, church on Sunday, taking down our Christmas tree and putting the holiday decorations away, and watching the 49ers beat the Packers in freezing weather.

I guess paying the premium for living in the Bay Area is finally in our favor... it looks like the rest of the country is really, really, really cold and we've been in the 60s and sunny! Stay warm out there!

1 comment:

Hali in Wonderland said...

I have been a follower of your blog for awhile now-- I stumbled upon your blog and found that we live in the same area of Cali…. Anyways… I was at the Campbell Farmer's Market this past weekend too! I'm jealous of all the great places you and Nick find to go eat though!