Sunday, March 23, 2014

Our next adventure...

This is pretty much old news if you follow me on Facebook or Instgram, but I figured I'd better document it here to make it officially official.... We're moving to Denver!


{Cricket's first and last trip to San Francisco!}

Nick got a fancy new job with Stryker (yep, same company that moved us out to California from Texas... and moved him from Nebraska to Texas before that.) We have a small division in Denver called Sports Medicine and Nick will be leading their finance team.

We are THRILLED! Funny thing is, I haven't been to Denver. But, I've heard such good things about it... 300 days of sunshine a year, close proximity to amazing skiing, much closer to our families in Nebraska and Texas..... the list could go on and on.

I will miss the California sunshine and weekend trips to Napa and Sonoma and all the great friends I've made here, but I'm ready for a new adventure and couldn't be happier with our move to Denver.

Our last day in San Jose will be Friday, April 11th! Less than 3 weeks away... and I'm in a fashion show next weekend, then we're headed to Santa Barbara the following week for my birthday (excited to cross that off the bucket list before we go!) so the next few weeks are going to fly by!

We'll take a few days to drive to Denver... should be a fun road trip with lil' Cricket aka "Fluffybutt" as we affectionately call her.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'll be doing for work. I will be working remotely in my current role until mid-May, then... who knows?! I've put some feelers out there so we'll see what happens. In the meantime, start planning your trips to Denver because we'd love to have visitors! I can't wait to explore our new city!

3 comments:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

So exciting! I've never been to Denver either, but I've heard its a great city!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How incredibly exciting! Good luck with the move.

Liesl said...

I adore San Fran, but hope your trip to Denver is a safe and successful one! My sister used to live near there and I truly enjoyed visiting and think it will be super fun...such an exciting time for you both! :)