Sunday, January 11, 2015

Baby Mead: Weeks 14 & 15

Doesn't this hot tub look amazing!? I refrained, but Nick sure enjoyed it!

How far along: We spent the weekend between 14 & 15 weeks up in the mountains to celebrate Nick's birthday and New Year's. It was the same spot that we spent our last anniversary... Beaver Creek, CO. We love it up there!

Baby's Size: Baby is the size of a lemon at 14 weeks and an apple at 15 weeks!

Weight gain:  1-2 lbs this week - so far on track, which is a miracle considering the next section...

Food Cravings/Aversions: Pre-pregnancy I was all about savory, protein rich breakfasts... eggs, omelettes, breakfast burritos, etc... now it's all about the  CARBS! Bagels, fruit, oatmeal, croissants, cinnamon raisin toast.... French fries usually sound good, too, when nothing else does. Haha! 

Appointments: Next appointment with my OB is at 16 weeks!

14 weeks

Maternity clothes: Still rocking my regular tops and dresses, but 80% in maternity pants! 

Sleep: Sleep is interrupted about once per night for a little tinkle break, but otherwise, feeling much better and I have my energy back for the most part! I've also been having very random and vivid dreams. I try to tell Nick as soon as I wake up so I don't forget all the details... he thinks I'm crazy!

Gender: We aren't going to find out until the baby is born! And, we would be absolutely thrilled with either. But, for those of you who believe... the Chinese Gender Predictor says we're having a girl. :)

15 weeks
The bump is always a little bigger after I eat!

Movement: None yet from the baby, but I started working out again which has been nice. Started off slow with just a brisk walk on the treadmill, but looking to start yoga or something soon.

Symptoms: That darn heartburn has stuck around, but otherwise feeling great!

Best moment this week: Buying 3 baby books and relaxing by the fireplace in the mountains, catching up on our reading! It's the little things...

Beaver Creek Village

Nursery: It's still just a storage room... we have lots of work to do, but my "baby mead" Pinterest board is busting at the seams with the sweetest ideas! 

Mood: Excited to share our news. We waited to tell the world (aka. Facebook) until about 15 weeks. Now, I notice myself letting it slip out in conversation to complete strangers! I just can't help it!

Looking forward to: Getting started on the nursery... first, picking a paint color! We're thinking a light green.

No comments: