Thursday, January 22, 2015

Baby Mead: Weeks 16 & 17

This was after a big meal...!

How far along: 17 weeks now!

Baby's Size: Baby is the size of an avocado at 16 weeks and an onion at 17 weeks!

Weight gain:  10 pounds total so far, but my doctor gave me the thumbs up to gain on the higher end of the 25-35 range, so I feel pretty good about it.

Food Cravings/Aversions: No more nausea which is awesome and most foods sound good again. I did have a random craving for a hot dog... I thought we were supposed to crave things that our body needed. Not sure what I needed from a hot dog.

Appointments: Had a great 16 week appointment with my doctor. We listened to the baby's heartbeat, and the rate was around 139. The also did a screening test for Down Syndrome and that came back negative.

Maternity clothes: Still rocking my regular tops and dresses, but mostly in maternity pants or stretchy leggings! I did buy a casual maternity top from Target because it showcases the bump, which I love and am very proud of! :) And, it's just long and super comfy.

Sleep: I suffered through a horrible cold at 17 weeks... and of course it was the same week Nick was traveling for work. So, it was just Cricket here to take care of me... and other than cuddles, she wasn't very helpful! I slept a lot during the day, but would toss and turn at night because of the sneezing, congestion and just overall yuckiness.

Gender: We aren't going to find out until the baby is born!

Movement: I think I've felt some kicks, but they're very sporadic and could easy be confused with digestion...

Symptoms: Feeling good other than the cold.

Best moment this week: All the good news at our doctor's appointment. So glad this little one is growing strong! Also, we decided to pull the trigger and booked one last vacation while it's just the two of us... we'll be heading to sunny Vieques Island, Puerto Rico in April. With all the snow lately, it'll be snow nice to head somewhere warm and tropical!

This is where we'll be staying...





Not too shabby, huh?! :)

Nursery: We've made some progress... it's gone from a storage room to a completely empty room! I've started to picture where I want to put everything... I need to make a budget or else this could probably get out of hand quickly!

Mood: Mostly, great! I did have a minor breakdown/pity party when I was home sick with a cold and Nick was out of town and Cricket was barking and threw up everywhere. That was not fun.

Looking forward to: Really feeling the baby move... 

No comments: