Thursday, February 5, 2015

Baby Mead: Weeks 18 & 19

We went from gorgeous sunshine at 18 weeks...

to almost a foot of snow at 19 weeks!


How far along: 19 weeks!

Baby's Size: Baby is the size of a sweet potato at 18 weeks and a mango at 19 weeks!

Weight gain:  11 pounds total 

Food Cravings/Aversions: I've been craving Mexican food... constantly! Poor Nicholas is getting tired of it, but I guess that's part of marrying a girl from South Texas! We tried out a new (to us) taco place in Denver called Moontower Tacos. The owner is from Austin and it was so good!

Appointments: Next one is at 20 weeks.

Maternity clothes: I'm really in need of some new maternity pants. I have 3 pairs, but I rotate them constantly and need some more variety. I'm really looking forward to when it's warmer and I can wear dresses.

Sleep: It's been great. My morning commute went from 10 minutes to 40 minutes when we moved to a new office in November. Lately, I've started showering at night, instead of in the morning, to save time... and I love my new routine. Nice hot shower, lotion up the belly, then crawl in bed! So relaxing.

Gender: We aren't going to find out until the baby is born! Our next appointment at 20 weeks is our anatomy scan, so hopefully the tech doesn't accidentally share the news like in my dream!

Movement: LOTS OF KICKS!! Even Nicholas was able to feel the movement. I can tell that the baby likes Mexican food, too because he or she does a little dance after I eat it!

Symptoms: Everyone was right - the second trimester is awesome. A little heartburn, but feeling great overall.

Best moment this week: We picked out some paint samples for the nursery! I'm looking forward to making a special room for our little one. After months and months of having a "junk room," that room finally gets to fulfill it's original purpose as a nursery!!

Nursery: See above :) We're going to paint the walls light green.

Mood: Excited and can't believe how fast time is going.

Looking forward to: Our next Doctor's appointment and getting to see and hear Baby Mead!

No comments: