Monday, July 27, 2015

Baby Mead: 8 months!

{Catching up on my "pregnancy journal" from the end of my pregnancy!}

{29 weeks}

{30 weeks}

{32 weeks}

{33 weeks on Mother's Day 2015}

{34 weeks}

{35 weeks}

How far along: 35 weeks on 5/24 (Memorial Weekend)

Baby's Size: Baby is the size of a coconut (Which is very fitting considering all the pina coladas I drank on our babymoon!)

Weight gain:  I'm up about 25 lbs now! Eek! Goal is not to exceed 35 lbs. 

Food Cravings/Aversions: Still craving Mexican food, especially tacos! I've had a slight aversion to pork, especially pulled pork. (Bacon sounds good, though!) Nick and I made a last minute trip to South Texas (more on that down below), and the silver lining was getting to see my family AND getting some amazing Mexican food. Nick said the food was so good, he now really understands why I crave it so often! 

Appointments: We've started our Natural Birthing class and our instructor is so helpful! We've practiced lots of pain management techniques and mainly just learned what to expect and what is "normal." One thing that we really took to heart from our birthing class was to make sure we were surrounded with people (care providers) that really supported us in our choice to pursue a medication free birth. After a not-so-encouraging conversation with our OB, we decided to switch from our doctor to a midwife group that practices at St. Joseph's, the hospital where we want to deliver. When I asked our OB if she supported natural birth, she said, "Yep, but you know, you don't get a gold star for not having an epidural" and "Doulas aren't medical providers, so you have to be careful what information they give you..." Totally NOT what we wanted to hear. It was kind of stressful deciding to switch to a new provider at 34 weeks pregnant, but I'm so glad we did. I love the new midwife group.  We also hired a doula, Barb, to help us navigate all the information and support Nick and I during labor.

Thankfully, all of our appointments have been short and sweet. Our little peanut is growing strong and healthy without any complications.  

{Super Dad at our Breastfeeding 101 class, which was really helpful!}

Maternity clothes: Maxi dresses are my favorite! So comfortable and breezy - perfect now that it's warmer outside!

Sleep: I really have been blessed with a great pregnancy and I've loved every second of it. I'm sleeping really well and feeling great. And sometimes when people roll there eyes at how good I'm feeling, I want to say "I deserve this!" but I never do... After finally being pregnant after 3 years of infertility, you better believe I'm going to cherish every moment and not take this pregnancy for granted.

Gender: ??? It's a surprise! My hunch is that it's a boy and Nick's guess is girl. We're 98% certain on our names for each a boy and girl, but we're not sharing! (So many fun surprises!) We really don't have a preference either way, but I'll be honest, it would be easier to decorate the nursery if we knew pink or blue!

Movement: The midwives confirmed that our baby was head down and I can feel a the baby's bum up by my ribs. I'm feeling lots of movement still, specifically kicks or jabs on my right side. It's so crazy that you can not only feel the movement from the outside, but see the little kicks too! I've tried to get it on video, but as soon as I start recording the little peanut stays still!

Symptoms: Heartburn. Dang heartburn. I'm taking Zantac for it (when I remember to) and Tums when needed. It doesn't matter what I eat... it's just constant! Oh yeah, the pregnancy hormones are in full swing... I've never been much of a crier, but lately I've just been a huge baby! Nick and I upgraded his Volkswagen Jetta "Vickie" recently to a bigger SUV and when we pulled up to Carmax to sell his car, Nick patted the dashboard and said, "Thanks Vickie, you've been a great car. Now be good to another family." and I just BURST into tears. Ugly, red face, can't.stop.crying. tears. I never really cared for that car, but in that moment, I was reminded of all the good times we had with that car... Nick picked me up for our first date in that car, we had it when we were married, and when we moved to California, and when we moved to Colorado, and when we went to our first appointments for Baby Mead. I could not pull in together, so finally I just went inside Carmax with a red face and pretended like everything was OK. Poor salesman what probably thinking What the heck is wrong with this chick!?


{Goodbye, Vickie!}

Best moment this month: Our best moment this month was definitely going on our babymoon. It was so fun laying by the pool in paradise, spending quality one-on-one time with Nick and watching my belly move, knowing that our little guy or girl loves (virgin!) pina colada's just as much as Mommy does! :) 

Also, I mentioned before that I was studying for an HR certification for work... well, after lots of cramming(!!!) I took my test on May 18th and found out immediately that I PASSED!! Woo hoo! I am now Lacey Mead, PHR (Professional in Human Resources). It was not the wisest plan to try to knock this test out while pregnant. When I wanted to be reading baby books and scouring Pinterest for nursery ideas, I was studying. It was brutal, but I'm SO HAPPY to have it the certification and be done with it. (And, I've vowed to never take another test again! Hah!)

Not the best moment this month: My grandmother, Baba, passed away in early May. Nick and I flew down to South Texas for the services. I was 32 weeks pregnant and thankful that I was still able to fly and be there. I put together a slideshow for the funeral and said some words to remember my grandmother by. It was bittersweet to see all of my family... it had been a really long time since I had seen a lot of my cousins (like 5 years!), but just wish it had been under happier circumstances.
 
{Baba}

{My family}

Nursery: The nursery colors are aqua and spring green. So bright and fresh! We made the decision to NOT finish the nursery until after the baby arrives. We want to personalize some of the things (like a big monogram over the crib) and will add pops of pink for a girl or more blue for a boy. We had a baby shower this week (and I don't have a single picture from it since the hostess took them all on her big camera... I need to get those!) and we are mostly set with big items. We are so appreciative of all our friends and family for coming together to help us get ready for Baby Mead, we couldn't do it without y'all!

{Cricket likes the nursery}

Mood: Lots of the big things that were stressing me out last month have been wrapped up (switching doctors, finding a doula, passing my HR exam...) so I'm feeling a lot better. I've been emotional lately, as mentioned above :) but I think its all pretty normal!

Looking forward to: Meeting this baby in about a month! Will our life be sugar and spice and everything nice or snips and snails and puppy dog tails? Will the baby have my nose and Nick's eyes?! Will he or she cry right away? I'm just so excited!

No comments: