Thursday, August 6, 2015

Worth is 1 Month Old!


It is unbelievable that our little sugar bear has been in our lives for a month! On one hand, it feels like he was just born and on the other hand, it's hard to remember life before him. Nick and I have learned so much in the last month... how to change diapers without getting peed on, how to get burps out, how to bathe a newborn, what Worth likes and what he doesn't like, how to comfort him, and so much more. I've called the pediatrician's office with questions only twice, but I've googled about a million things!

4 weeks old!

Cutest little feet and toes I've ever seen!

He's put on 2 pounds since birth, but is still a long, skinny guy!

At Worth's 2 week appointment, he weighed 8 lbs 3 oz (38th percentile), was 21 inches long (73rd percentile) and his head circumference was 15 inches (97th percentile!!). Little guy has a big noggin like his daddy... maybe it's a good thing he was a C-section baby!

Worth sleeps about 11 hours a day - according to google, newborns typically sleep 16 hours a day! Since he was born, he has been so alert and pensive. I love watching him take in the world around him. He especially likes looking at the light coming in through the windows and Dad's hair. And, it just melts my heart when he stares into my eyes!

He has blonde eyebrows and eyelashes... so you can barely see them! And, he has an old man hairline... his hair doesn't start until the very top of his head! Funny!

Thankfully, Worth sleeps more during the night that during the day. I haven't been as tired as I thought I would be. I imagined just being a zombie without showering or brushing my teeth, but I've felt pretty good. And, I've managed to shower everyday so far and even brush my teeth twice a day... although sometimes not until lunchtime! :)

Dad is a good multi-tasker!

I rarely nap when Worth naps, but I do love to just hold him and cuddle him when he's sleeping. Because of that, I don't get much done during the day other than hanging out with my sweet boy! Sometimes we sit outside in the shade, but mostly we lounge on the couch upstairs and watch TV. (I've been binge watching Hart of Dixie on Netflix while Worth is sleeping on my chest!)



Worth is currently eating every 1.5 hours during the day (hungry boy!) and will sleep one 4 hour stretch during the night! After all that eating, he's quite a bit gassy, as well! It's hilarious how loud the toots are that come out of his little body!!

Passed out with a full tummy after eating!

Breastfeeding has been one of my favorite things. Not only is it such an amazing bonding time for us, Worth is just the cutest after he's nursed. He coos and stretches and makes the most darling faces! When he's full, I'll put him on my shoulder to burp him and he just snuggles that chubby cheek next to mine and passes out. ADORABLE!


Nick and I have been peed on, spit up on and pooped on more times than we can count! We eventually learned to keep Worth covered up during diaper changes so he wouldn't pee on us... and the changing table... and the wall... and the shelf!


Cricket is pretty good with Worth... she wants to lick his little feet every chance she gets. I don't blame her! I kiss his little toes, too!



Worth has such a sweet little cry. It's more of a whine (like he's saying "Waaahh" and usually without tears!

We took a trip up to Dillon in the mountains last weekend and Worth was a champ in the car. Car rides put him right to sleep!


Our sweet friends have been the best! After my mom left, our friends signed us up for Meal Train and we've been getting delicious home cooked meals every other day! It has been such a huge blessing to just be able to warm up food and not have to worry about cooking. It's hard enough to make a bowl of cereal with only one free hand and a wiggly worm in the other!

It feels like my little baby has already gotten so much bigger.
I just love pictures like this that show how tiny he really is!

In this first month, I've only left Worth once! I got a mani/pedi when he was three weeks old. Nick is more than capable of taking care of him, but he can't quite breastfeed, haha, so I can't be away from Worth for long.


Worth rode in the Baby Ergo carrier for the first time this month. He loved it! We also tried the Baby K'Tan soft carrier, but he grunted and squirmed the whole time in there, so we're returning that one. I might try the Moby Wrap next for a soft carrier...

Family walk around the neighborhood!

First bath in the "big" tub!

And like I've mentioned before, our little guy makes the funniest faces. I've maybe seen one smile, but mostly he purses his lips and furls his eyebrows!




How can you not just kiss him all over!?!
Love my one month old bub!

No comments: