Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Worth is 8 Months Old!


Our darling boy is almost 9 months old! This last month has flown by.


One of the most exciting changes in the last month is that I transitioned from working Full-Time to Part-Time. Starting March 1, I'm now working 3 days per week. I have 2 extra days with my little love each week and it has been amazing! We were having a hard time balancing spending time with Worth, working and just doing life... you know, the cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. Just having the 2 extra days at home has made a huge difference. Worth and I have a new routine of meal planning, grocery shopping, walking to the park, visiting the library... He's the best lil' sidekick!



Worth is finally stably sitting up! We actually were waiting and waiting for him to sit up so we could do his "6 month" pictures. They finally happened at 8 months old, haha. We should be getting the pictures from the photographer this weekend. I'm so excited to see them!

My alarm clock one Saturday
(he was ready to rock at 6:15am - zzzzzzz)


My sweet Valentine

Sitting up with his doggie

Worth also had his first school pictures:
He's 7 1/2 months in these pictures! Adorable!!

I have loved every second of seeing Worth's personality develop. He's silly and talkative and sweet and a pretty easy going guy. The only thing we're really struggling with is napping. I have to admit, I'm not really helping. Instead of really working with Worth to take naps in his crib, I have been napping with him in my bed. :) I know, I know... not a good habit. But, I'll take my snuggles when I can get them. He's only little for so long! We can work on napping next month.

Sleepy lil' pumpkin in mama's bed

We LOOOOVE bath time. Kitchen sink or tub... it doesn't matter. 
He loves it.

Meal times are a lot of fun. Worth is definitely starting to develop his preferences for food. He LOVES fruit (especially bananas, strawberries, and plums) and gnawing on pizza crust and of course, puffs. (What baby doesn't like puffs?!) He used to eat veggies often, but now is not loving them as much. Most of the time we just plop food on his tray and let him have at it... he'd rather just bang his spoon around, so he's eating mostly with his hands and it gets pretty messy! He's almost got the pincer grasp down and will look for the things he likes on his tray and move the things he doesn't like out of the way.

Yogurt is one of the messiest foods!

Sitting at the table eating a snack at school. He's getting so big!

Puff picnic in the sunshine!

We've had some volatile weather this month. Sunshine and 70 degrees one day and 15 inches of snow the next. On the nicer days, we try to get to the park as often as possible. Worth loves to swing and Nick and I love watching the joy on his face and hearing his giggles when he swings. It's a win/win.



We've continued our weekly pictures. 
Worth is turning out to be quite the ham!

32 weeks old

33 weeks old

34 weeks old

silly boy before bed - 35 weeks old

our lucky charm - 36 weeks old

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I am so thankful to be W's mama. My little pumpkin! My sweet sunshine! Being a mother has been everything I hoped it would be. Even the simple things like walking to the park or looking in the mirror or eating dinner are 1,000,000,000 times better and more fun because I have my sweet family to share it with. Nicholas is the best daddy and husband. I'm grateful that because of his hard work, I'm able to have the flexibility to work part-time.

My boys and me. My whole heart.

No comments: